PD9100 Series RV Power Converters NEW! Interactive Video
The Progressive Dynamics 9100 Series INTELI-POWER converters are UL listed for the US and Canada. They provide safe, reliable, filtered DC power to all Recreational Vehicle 12-Volt lighting and appliance circuits. The Inteli-Power converter also safely recharges and maintains the RV battery and has a two-year limited warranty.
Patent #'s: 5,600,550; 5,687,066; 7,782,002
The built in Total Charge Management System (TCMS) connector allows the RV manufacturer, dealer, or customer to easily add the optional Charge Wizard. The Charge Wizard is a microprocessor-controller that constantly monitors the RV battery voltage to determine if the battery requires a quick recharge, is fully charged and being used, or is fully charged and is in storage. The Charge Wizard then selects one of three charging voltages: 14.4, 13.6, or 13.2; and one of four operating modes (Boost, Normal, Storage or Desulfation) to properly re-charge or maintain the battery. Click here for more information on the Charge Wizard.
INTELI-POWER 9100 Series Operation
Progressive Dynamics 9100 Series Electronic Power Converters have several features that differ from other electronic power converters presently marketed to the RV industry. Reliability data over the past eight years on over 400,000 units in the field have proven that these design features increase our reliability and provide the following additional customer benefits.
1. ELECTRONIC CURRENT LIMITING – This safety feature will rapidly reduce the converter output in case of an electrical short or overload condition. This rapid shutdown like the circuit breaker in your house prevents possible RV wiring and converter damage.
2. VARIABLE SPEED INTELLIGENT COOLING FAN – Solid state temperature sensing and control system automatically monitors converter temperature and activates the fan at speed required. Very slow, quiet speeds are used when demand is low, such as during sleeping hours. Some competitive converters use Electro-mechanical devices to provide temperature sensing and fan control. Electro-mechanical sensors are more subject to failure and may stick in the closed mode causing the fan to operate all the time, resulting in an irritating noise. They can also fail to close during high temperature conditions and prevent the fan from operating. This failure may cause over heating and possible converter failure.
3. AUTOMATIC THERMAL PROTECTION – This safety feature will reduce converter output in the unlikely event of a fan failure and prevent damage to the converter. This safety feature will also activate if the area where the converter is mounted is too small, has inadequate ventilation, or is accidentally covered by the customer. Please refer to the installation instructions for information regarding spacing and ventilation requirements.
4. LOW VOLTAGE OPERATION – The Progressive Dynamics 9100 Series Converters will operate at low AC line voltages without damage. This feature is especially important in RV campgrounds where AC line voltage can be as low as 90 volts. Low AC line voltages may damage competitive converters.
5. HIGH VOLTAGE PROTECTION – All converters incorporate our patented High Voltage Shutdown circuitry. This feature automatically shuts the converter down to protect sensitive electronics in the event of high voltage transients on the AC power line, or if the RV generator regulator should momentarily fail.
6. REVERSE BATTERY PROTECTION – Our patented Reverse Battery circuitry prevents converter damage and unnecessary warranty calls in the event the customer or dealer accidentally connects the battery in reverse. Simple replacement of the fuse(s) located on the front of the converter restores the unit to normal operation. Some competitive converters can be damaged and require replacement if the battery leads are accidentally reversed.
7. TOTAL CHARGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TCMS) – All PD9100 Series Power Converters incorporate a TCMS connector port located on the front of the converter to allow for the installation of the optional Charge Wizard.
Inteli-Power Specifications Table
|Maximum DC Output Current||30-Amps||40-Amps||45-Amps||60-Amps||70-Amps||80-Amps|
|Maximum Continuous Input Power||500 watts||600 watts||725 watts||1,000 watts||1,250 watts||1,300 watts|
|No Load DC Output Voltage||13.6 VDC||13.6 VDC||13.6 VDC||13.6 VDC||13.6 VDC||13.6 VDC|
|No Load Voltage Tolerance||+/- .3 VDC||+/- .3 VDC||+/- .3 VDC||+/- .3 VDC||+/- .3 VDC||+/- .3 VDC|
|Full Load Output Voltage||> 12.6 VDC||> 12.6 VDC||> 12.6 VDC||> 12.6 VDC||> 12.6 VDC||> 12.6 VDC|
|Ripple and Noise Voltage||<100 MV RMS||<100 MV RMS||<100 MV RMS||<100 MV RMS||<100 MV RMS||<100 MV RMS|
|Input Voltage Tolerance||105 - 130 VAC||105 - 130 VAC||105 - 130 VAC||105 - 130 VAC||105 - 130 VAC||105 - 130 VAC|
|Input Voltage Frequency||50-60 HZ||50-60 HZ||50-60 HZ||50-60 HZ||50-60 HZ||50-60 HZ|
|Peak Inrush Current||32-Amps||32-Amps||32-Amps||47-Amps||47-Amps||80-Amps|
|Efficiency (Typical)||> 80%||> 80%||> 80%||> 80%||> 80%||> 80%|
|Reverse Battery Protection||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Electronic Current Limiting||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Electronic Fan Control *||Auto-speed||Auto-speed||Auto-speed||Auto-speed||Auto-speed||Auto-speed|
|Back Up Thermal Protection||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Hipot Voltage Test||<-------------- 1240 V @ INPUT TERMINALS ------------>|
|TCMS Interface Connector**||Standard||Standard||Standard||Standard||Standard||Standard|
|Weight||4 lbs||4.5 lbs||4.5 lbs||5.8 lbs||5.8 lbs||7.5 lbs|
|Dimensions||8.25"L X 7.25"W X 4.5"H|| 8.25"L
| 8.25"L X
| 8"L X
| 8"L X
| 11.5"L X 9.00"W X
* Fan controlled by temperature sensor normally operates only during high load conditions.
** TCMS (Total Charge Management System) allows customer to easily install the optional Charge Wizard module. Can also be used in conjunction with the Intelitec Energy Management system to control charter ON and OFF to reduce AC power consumption.
Charge WizardThe Charge Wizard is a microprocessor-controller that constantly monitors the RV battery voltage to determine if the battery requires a quick recharge, is fully charged and being used, or is fully charged and is in storage. The Charge Wizard then selects one of four operating modes (Boost, Normal, Storage, or Desulfation) to properly re-charge or maintain the battery. Click here for more information on the Charge Wizard.
*The Wizard is built in the 9200 series and available separately for the 9100 series.